Latest News Headlines
Christie scores another technical knockout with three new Boxer models
Christie scored another technical knockout with the introduction of three new Boxer models featuring 2K resolution, 20,000, 25,000 and 30,000 centre lumens.
Now available in multiple software performance configurations, the Christie Boxer Series offers choices based on resolution, brightness and budget requirements. With an upgrade path to higher brightness, resolution and performance capabilities, users pay only for what they need today, with an eye to the future.
“When Christie introduced the first Boxer projector we knew we had created a champion. Engineered, designed and built from the ground-up in our world-class research and development facility, the Christie Boxer is the culmination of years of experience working closely with leading rental stagers and AV professionals to understand their specific needs and expectations,” said Mike Garrido, senior product manager, Christie. “The three new models are built to the same quality and engineering standard as the multiple award winning Boxer 4K30 and include HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, 12G-SDI and fibre input.”
Pound-for-pound, the Christie Boxer Series represents the smartest, brightest and lightest high-performance professional projectors available. Weighing-in at a trim and compact 160 pounds and including single-phase power, built-in warping and blending, omnidirectional installation capabilities, and a full-range of connectivity, the Boxer Series packs a punch for high-impact visual events. Christie Boxer is available in multiple software performance configurations, delivering various options to meet budget, brightness and resolution needs.
A standard feature on all 2K Boxer models, Christie TruLife Lite delivers 300 Mpx/s and provides superior video processing for 2K and HD sources. Featuring a floating-point processing engine with the equivalent of 25 bits fixed point processing resolution, Christie TruLife Lite provides increased dynamic range and superior scaling for an exceptional visual experience.
Field-upgradable, each upgrade takes only minutes until users can access the increased performance capabilities of any Boxer Series projector.
Christie Boxer 2K20, 2K25 and 2K30 deliver:
- Compact, lightweight and rugged design for easy transport, shipping and installation.
- 360-degree omnidirectional installation capabilities.
- Complete connectivity: 3G-SDI, DisplayPort, HDBaseT, DVI, HDMI, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, 12G-SDI and fiber input.
- Built-in Christie Twist image warping and blending software.
- Proven 3DLP image quality and reliability.
- Easy rigging and stacking.
- At-a-glance source and status updates on lamp hours, voltage, temperature and warnings that can be sent directly to a mobile device or web browser.
- Integrated Near Field Communication (NFC) lets users track lamp information using a mobile device.
- On-board toolkit.
The new Christie Boxer models will ship in the summer of 2016 with a three-year parts and labour warranty.
27th January 2016
© 1999 - 2019 Entertainment Technology Press Limited News Stories