Latest News Headlines
High End Systems To Debut Hog v3.4 at Prolight + Sound Exhibition
Germany – Automated lighting manufacturer High End Systems will be giving the lighting community its first look at the latest Hog control software at the Prolight + Sound exhibition held this week in Frankfurt. Displayed on European Master Distributor AED’s stand (Hall 4, Stand D59), Hog v3.4 software offers numerous enhancements to the Hog operating system, including many inspired through designer feedback.
High End’s software team has worked diligently to continue improvements to the popular control platform, resulting in an unparalleled feature set with rock solid performance. New Hog software features include:
- Compound fixture next/back, further improving compound fixture selection. This allows holding Fixture + Next/Back to select the same parts of a different compound fixture, or holding Period (.) + Next/Back to select different parts of the same compound fixtures.
- Simplified compound fixture renumbering, using X/Y syntax to quickly renumber a series of individual fixtures into multiple compound fixtures.
- Colour coding of Lists, Scenes and Groups now shown on the Playback bar, and colour coding of Views shown on the View toolbar.
- Pixel mapping brightness, contrast, gamma and transparency controls, plus tiling to repeat content, all working on both images and videos.
In addition, High End will show the latest alpha version of Hog OS with exciting new features:
- Direct control of video matrix switchers. This is an exciting feature allowing control of basic video equipment to be fully integrated into the Hog console. This reduces complexity by eliminating intermediary equipment, and allows tighter timing of combined video and lighting transitions.
- Auto Patch with Arkaos media servers. This automatically detects media servers and with one button will then schedule the appropriate fixtures, number them appropriately, DMX patch, enable ArtNet, CITP patch and download thumbnails. This greatly improves the experience for novice experienced users alike. The first implementation is with Arkaos MediaMaster, but the company will be extending this to other brands as they implement the necessary protocol.
- Compound fixture scheduling and GUI improvements, which allows scheduling and patching compound fixtures as a single unit, and displays them clearly as related parts.
The software team also announced additional work in progress on the HOG OS:
- Simplified external monitor handling (no reboot, portrait/landscape orientation, support of any touchscreen brand, high DPI support)
- Effects synchronisation across cues
- Seamless programming and playback using any color model (CMY/RGB/HSV)
- Patch XML import/export
High End Systems Control Systems software manager Jonathan Kemble comments: “As all can see from the new feature set, there is a lot going on with Hog software development in 2016, and we're very excited about the future. Our customers’ feedback has been integral to our continued improvement of this industry standard platform.”
5th April 2016
© 1999 - 2021 Entertainment Technology Press Limited News Stories