Latest News Headlines
Theatres Trust at 40 – A new strategy to protect our theatres
UK – The Theatres Trust, the national advisory public body for theatres, has announced a renewed commitment to the protection of theatres with a new strategy and visual identity and the launch of Theatres Trust 40 programme of events.
As the voice for theatres the trust uses its knowledge of policy and practice to promote the value and benefits of theatres in use. The aim is that live theatre should have a place in everyone’s lives.
The trust is committed to delivering a more powerful campaigning voice. Expert advice will be more visible and more influential in the planning system and within the theatre industry. The trust will create new opportunities to discover more about theatres, and will increase the levels of capital grants and funding available.
Chair of the Theatres Trust, Tim Eyles, says: “Our new strategy and visual identity mark the start of an exciting next chapter in the life of the Trust. We are passionate about great live theatre, and I look forward to the Trust’s expertise being channelled with renewed energy to help the nation’s theatres thrive into the future.”
Director of the Theatres Trust, Mhora Samuel, says: “Our influence means it’s now very rare to see theatres demolished without being replaced. We’re proud that the quality of theatre design is the best it’s ever been. We’ve achieved great things for theatres by speaking loudly in the planning system. In our anniversary year I invite everyone to join us at a Theatres Trust 40 event, and online, to debate how we continue to protect and promote our nation’s theatres now and in the future.”
The Theatres Trust 40 programme includes:
- Debate at PLASA Focus Leeds on 10th/11th May at the Royal Armouries
- Mini Conference at Theatre2016 on 12th/13th May
- Discover more about theatres at West End Live, Trafalgar Square on 18th/19th June
- Conference 16: Protecting Theatres on 21st June at the New London Theatre, chaired by Mark Shenton
- Launch of the Trust's new website in July
- Debate at PLASA London on 18th/20th September, Olympia, London
- Inaugural Annual Lecture on 16 November, London.
19th April 2016
© 1999 - 2021 Entertainment Technology Press Limited News Stories