Latest News Headlines
DiGiCo and the ultimate 'Stadius' Mic Pre-Amp
Germany - Twenty years ago, converters changed from 16 or 18-bit to a new, improved resolution of 24-bit. This additional 8 bits of converter resolution was instantly audible and created a demand for 24-bit quality.
At Prolight+Sound 2017, DiGiCo is showing and, more importantly, allowing attendees the opportunity to hear a newly designed 32-bit 'John Stadius' mic pre-amp for the first time.
John and his team have been designing pre-amps for over 40 years. Now, this new improvement in converter technology has allowed them to develop a pre-amp with audio qualities that they have long aspired to achieve.
The specifications of the 32-bit SD mic pre-amp card include:
- Fully differential audio path from input to converter
- Twin 32-bit ADC conversion per channel
- Lightning quick conversion time: 73mS
- Dynamic punch and increased audio depth: Dynamic range of 123dBA
- Incredibly low noise: 128dB EIN
- Transparency and clarity of audio: 20-22kHz <0.002% THD+N
- Class leading frequency response: 20-44.5kHz ±0.1dB
- Open and clear audio reproduction: 12dB harmonic weighting improvement
- Eight channels of temporal perfection: 0 deg phase shift 20-22kHz
- Dedicated analogue, ultra-low noise linear power supplies including +48V phantom power
- Only one phantom power blocking capacitor in the audio path: Gold Nichicon “MUSE” acoustic series
- Fully shielded analogue stage
- Precision clipping with no artefacts
- Reduced operating temperature (Sounds cooler)
- Roadworthy metal XLR connectors
5th April 2017
© 1999 - 2021 Entertainment Technology Press Limited News Stories