Latest News Headlines
Electrical Safety for Sound Engineers
UK - In this industry one of the greatest risks to health is the electricity. A mistake can be critical. Risks need to be understood and minimised.
Learn from an experienced practitioner who will take delegates through the principles of electrical safety and provide practical applications for the industry.
With a background in physics, Jason Brameld MInstSCE, has held director responsibility for health and safety positions in contracting companies and has a pragmatic approach to problem solving and compliance. Jason is involved with the development of performance standards in the AV industry, having chaired the InfoComm Standards Steering Committee and has also been actively involved in developing and writing standards. Jason's career includes broadcast at the BBC, audio visual contracting, consultancy and he has served as a judge for the AV industry awards.
The course teaches:
- Circuit theory, mains voltage electricity and DC systems
- Power and current calculations
- The effect of electricity on the human body
- The base principles of electrical safety
- Electrical distribution – single and three-phase supplies
- Earthing and bonding
- Circuit protection
- Personnel protection
- Isolation procedures
- Equipment testing
- Common hazards/mistakes
- The course is presented by Jason Brameld, BSC (Hons) ARCS, MinstSCE. Places are limited, so book early to avoid disappointment.
- The course is being held at SSE Audio Group, 3 Cumberland Avenue, Park Royal, London NW10 7RX. For motorists, there is plenty of parking on site.
- Candidates will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
- All ISCE courses are CPD approved. Click here for details of other ISCE training courses
5th September 2017
© 1999 - 2021 Entertainment Technology Press Limited News Stories