Latest News Headlines
Job Focus: Taylor-Phillips’ latest jobs board
Taylor-Phillips Recruitment, the recruitment division of etnow.com, brings the best new vacancies across the full spectrum of the Entertainment Technology sector.
This week, TP is focusing attention on two of key technical positions, listed by clients Richard Martin Lighting who is looking for a moving light service engineer, and Sound Technology that requires a customer services engineer specialising in Martin Professional lighting equipment.
Moving Light Service Engineer/Technician (Ref: VR 608)
Client: Richard Martin Lighting
Based in: London
Richard Martin Lighting is one of the leading moving lights rental houses. With over 33 years in the business they pride themselves on high quality equipment and excellent customer service.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, self-motivated automated lighting technician who has the ability to take ownership and accountability with a high level of attention to detail.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Service/maintenance/preparation and testing of all RML’s equipment as well as customer-owned equipment.
- Ability to fault-find, spot trends in equipment failure and carry out software updates.
- Electrical servicing and testing, including portable appliance testing (PAT) to ensure that everything is within its test period and relevant certificates can be produced if required.
- Control of component parts stock levels.
- Equipment to be serviced and maintained from the leading automated and LED manufacturers including Robe, Claypaky, Martin, Vari-Lite, Pulsar, SGM and Pulsar.
- Ensure the service workshop is run in accordance with company health and safety policies.
- Service workshop operations including some supervision of staff.
Necessary skills and experience
Proven track record in the moving light industry, minimum two years experience.
- Relevant knowledge of the international standard requirements and compliance.
- Formal qualification(s) in an electronic-related discipline would be an advantage.
- In-depth moving lights/LED product knowledge.
- Ability to work on your own or within a team.
- Proactive, and able to work under own initiative and in a team environment.
- Excellent customer-facing and interpersonal skills.
- A full driving license is preferred.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Broad experience within the entertainment industry.
To apply for this position, please email a CV to Katie Finch at email@example.com
Customer Services Engineer – Martin Lighting (Ref: VR607)
Client: Sound Technology Ltd
Based in: Letchworth, Hertfordshire
Founded in 1978, Sound Technology Ltd is one of the largest independent distributors operating in the professional audio, professional lighting and musical instrument industries.
The main aspect of this role is to service, upgrade, repair and provide technical support on the full range of Martin Professional Lighting product. The role is office-based in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, but there is a requirement to be able to visit customers and their clients to carry out servicing and repair work.
- To service and repair warranty and non warranty Martin Professional Lighting product returned to our head offices at Letchworth Garden City.
- To provide customer support and fault finding analysis on all Martin product, by telephone and email, and where appropriate at face to face meetings and on-site with client systems.
- To visit customer premises to service , update and repair Martin product.
- To monitor faults and report all resulting issues to the supplier.
- To liaise with spares department to ensure that the correct spares are kept in stock and to help identify spare part requirement
- When required, to be able to service other product lines distributed by the company, after the necessary training.
- To take responsibility for, and promote, the health, safety and welfare – of yourself and others - who may be affected by what you do, or fail to do – whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks, within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
Skills and Qualifications required
Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- No mandatory qualification required but HND/Degree in electronics or similar qualification preferred.
- Experience in the operation, service and repair of professional lighting product, including lights, atmospherics, video and control systems.
- Experience in dealing with customer enquires etc. through face to face meetings, telephone and email.
- A good understanding of techniques and circuitry used in lighting product, including digital and power electronics.
- An understanding of the various environments in which our customers operate, including theory and practice relating to these.
- Has the ability to diagnose and correct simple faults and problems, including on-site, and be able to work under pressure to deadlines dictated by the needs of the client.
- Has good administration skills, including computer literacy (Google Apps or Office 365).
- Can work with little supervision but can also work as part of a team.
After training the candidate will be expected to:
- Repair and test entertainment lighting, atmospherics, video and control systems.
- Use a wide range of tools and fixtures which requires high levels of dexterity and a keen eye for detail.
Working in this sector will require the applicant to:
- Have a full and clean driving licence.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
Please send applications to:
FAO Sarah Jennings
Sound Technology Ltd
17 Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
13th March 2018
© 1999 - 2018 Entertainment Technology Press Limited News Stories