Latest News Headlines
New vacancy triple-play from Taylor-Phillips
UK – Taylor-Phillips Recruitment, the recruitment division of etnow.com, brings you the best new vacancies across the full spectrum of the Entertainment Technology sector.
This week’s focus is on three new positions in from Sound Technology, Light Motif and Chauvet Lighting.
Application Engineer Pro-Audio/AV (Ref: VR 614)
Client: Sound Technology
Based in: Letchworth Garden City, Herts
Sound Technology requires an experienced Application Engineer to liaise and supply technical proposals for potential projects involving Harman Pro products, along with price quotations and product demonstration to customers, audio consultants, architects and other organisations.
You will also be required to provide technical support and training on all Harman Pro products out in the field and at the Sound Technology offices.
Skills and Experience requirements:
- Educated to graduate level in an audio, acoustic or engineering degree or related subject. Equivalent industry learned capability also considered.
- Experience in working in a relevant pro audio or AV role, preferably including time spent working for a customer or competitor.
- Has a good understanding of pro audio, video and control systems.
- Has experience of specifying and programming audio DSP’s and popular control systems e.g. AMX Crestron or Extron
- Can demonstrate a decent basic grounding in acoustics and electro-acoustics.
- Has a good understanding of pro audio and AV product types.
- Experience in IP Network configuration, system coding and/or scripting would be beneficial
- High level of computer literacy and confidence with all MS Office products.
- Is able to problem solve to achieve effective and sustainable solutions.
- Has good literacy and numerical skills.
Operations Director (Ref: VR615)
Client: Light Motif
Based in: Fulham, west London
Turnkey events production company Light Motif are expanding, and need an Operations Director to take overall strategic and day-to-day responsibility for the operations, logistics and equipment side of the business.
The operations director will be responsible for overseeing technical plan drafting, managing and implementing the prep, de-prep and maintenance of lighting equipment video, sound, props, furniture and staging, line managing the warehouse staff, booking freelance and full-time crew against projects, & managing transport and logistics for projects.
Skills and Experience requirements – you will have:
- broad experience and an in-depth understanding of the commercial and operational aspects of the event production and technical equipment rental industries
- a proven track record in the management of the operational aspects of a similar business and in the management of a team
- possess a good working knowledge of lighting, audio, video, staging and other technical equipment
- a good knowledge and experience of warehouse management and transport management in an asset rental environment
- excellent attention to detail and accuracy, and a commitment to helping the company to continuously improve our systems
- able to multi-task on projects and communicate capacity accurately to the team.
Technician Pro-Lighting range (VR 616)
Client: Chauvet Lighting
Based in: Nottingham
A great opportunity has arisen for a Technician to join our UK Product and Technical Support team to work on all bench repairs for Chauvet fixtures including warranty and non-warranty repairs, working as part of a team to support the Chauvet product and further the reputation of post sales departments.
Skills and Experience requirements:
The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of electronic repairs and a firm understanding of the engineering and construction that goes into building a lighting fixture. They will also need to be a good team player and also possess appropriate academic qualifications and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
17th April 2018
© 1999 - 2021 Entertainment Technology Press Limited News Stories