Latest News Headlines
AKG by Harman unveils the new C314 dual-diaphragm condenser microphone
Building upon the legacy of one of the most successful microphone families in the world, AKG by Harman has introduced the C314 dual-diaphragm condenser microphone. Ideal for all studio environments ranging from home to professional studios, the C314 offers a best in class self-noise and dynamic range, a flat, high linear frequency response and neutral sound, making it the perfect recording microphone for a variety of environments.
“The C214 holds the distinction of being the top-selling recording microphone in the United States, and the C314 is the latest model in this family of microphones,” said Erich Gaertner, product line manager, AKG. “We expect the C314 to achieve even greater success thanks to its affordability, versatility and world-class audio quality.”
The C314 is the latest in AKG’s family of microphones whose models include the C214, C414 B-XL II and C414 B-TL II, among others. All models in this category-leading family are condenser microphones, designed specifically for recording applications.
Key Features Include:
- Dual-diaphragm capsule with four selectable polar patterns. Each of the diaphragms is matched to guarantee the highest polar pattern accuracy.
- The same C414 XLS gold-plated membrane for high linearity and neutral sound.
- Overload LED Detection Display, which indicates overly high sound pressure levels. This feature allows the user to make adjustments to the microphone setup rather than in the recorded track.
- Integrated capsule suspension, reducing mechanical noise and resonances. A double-mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting the microphone’s acoustical performance. 20dB attenuation pad and bass-cut filter for close-up recording and reduction of the proximity effect.
- Included Accessories: Rugged carrying case, windscreen, spider suspension mount and stand adapter.
AKG and all Harman Professional products are distributed in the UK by Sound Technology Ltd.
15th April 2015
© 1999 - 2022 ET Press Ltd News Stories