Latest News Headlines
Artistic Licence will be exhibiting at PLASA London
UK – This year, Artistic Licence's new set design promises an electrifying experience, as visitors can attempt to blow up its products using a Van de Graaff generator!
Captain DMX and the Superhero Products – these premium splitters and gateways have unusually high levels of electrical protection built-in. This is great news for expensive consoles and moving lights, which can all be damaged or destroyed by accidental mains connection, generator spikes or lightning strikes.
DMX-Protect is a new product that serves only to provide electrical protection of other equipment. It is a low-cost retrofit solution to ensure investments are protected. It will be on show in the Awards for Innovation gallery, as well as Stand C32.
- Passive in-line protector designed to guard DMX lighting equipment from accidental electrical damage
- Self-healing circuit protects against accidental connection to mains voltages up to 425 VAC (includes UK 3-phase) and will recover when the fault is removed
- A 'protection of last resort' sacrifices DMX-Protect in order to protect the lighting infrastructure against high energy faults such as lightning strikes
- Protection circuitry on the input and output so products connected to the input are protected from faults on the output and vice versa
- No PSU required
- Low cost, retrofit solution
- Robust metal case with standard 5-pin XLR connectors
Artistic Licence announces the next generation of Artistic Licence Ethernet-to-DMX gateways. Based on a more powerful chip technology, the range provides full support for the award-winning Art-Net 4 protocol, giving access to impressive new functionality not offered in earlier releases.
Leading the way, artLynx quad and artLynx duo are DIN rail mounted products that convert Art-Net (all releases) or sACN to 4 (quad) or 2 (duo) DMX/RDM universes.
- Art-Net (all versions) or sACN to 2 (duo) or 4 (quad) DMX/RDM universes
- DIN-rail mount
- 10BaseT & 100BaseT ethernet port (RJ45) with support for DHCP
- Effortless operation on networks with congested broadcast data
- Self-healing protected outputs guard equipment against electrocution from all international mains voltages (up to 425 VAC continuous connection)
- RDM enable per output
- Power, network & DMX activity LED indicators
- Power: PoE or DC input (9 to 48V)
- Factory reset switch (hold down and cycle power) & Squawk feature
- Improved and faster web-server for configuration
- RDM Integrity ready
New for 2017, AL's moody programmable LED controllers have been updated and improved to provide a much more aesthetic product. With a choice of cover plates in contemporary material finishes and a subtle glowing dial, the moody range provides versatile DMX, DALI or constant voltage dimming control via an attractive and user-friendly interface.
Coming soon, AL will be previewing the matisse dmx f6 and matisse dali f6 controllers. The products are wall mounted lighting controllers with 6 illuminated faders, housed in a UK 2-gang wall panel. All programming is achieved via a rear-mounted user interface, making the products very simple to install and set-up.
- dmx f6 – Use as a 6-channel controller, a 512 channel playback device with 6 scenes, or as a house lights controller with DMX512 merge
- dali f6 – Controls 6 DALI groups and is powered by the DALI Bus
Visit Artistic licence on stand C32.
12th September 2017
© 1999 - 2023 ET Press Ltd News Stories